Ride of Silence
In Honor of International Ride of Silence, In Support of a Better North Bridge
Join Charleston Moves for a critical mass memorial bike ride over the North Bridge, and stand up for safe access for all! This event serves as an important benchmark for the Better North Bridge project, and we need you with us. Even if you don't want to ride, we ask that you stop by afterward (~7:30 pm) to demonstrate your support and participate in our action items. And if you can, please consider a donation to help us maintain steady momentum toward a safe, equitable river crossing.
To ensure a safe and smooth event, please take note of the following items, and don't hesitate to reach out to Info@CharlestonMoves.org should you have questions. Following the ride, we'll convene outside Frothy Beard Brewing for food, drinks and community. $1/pint will be donated back to Charleston Moves, so please stick around to enjoy sips and bites with us. We look forward to seeing you on May 18!
- The ride will begin and end at Frothy Beard Brewing (1401 Sam Rittenberg Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407). It will take roughly an hour to complete. We will have a police escort.
- We will start promptly at 6:30 pm, so you must arrive no later than 6 pm to check in. Upon arrival, please report to our table, which will be set up in the parking lot near Frothy Beard's outdoor patio.
- Completing our waiver is a requirement to participate in the ride. Please fill it out in advance HERE.
- For the safety of all, children under 12 must ride attached to a guardian, not on their own bike — consider a trailer or tandem bicycle. Otherwise, we hope you will join us after the ride; we should be back to Frothy Beard around 7:30 pm.
- Want to ride but don't have a bike? No problem! We're partnering with Lime bike share to loan free e-bikes for this event. Email Info@CharlestonMoves.org to reserve yours BY May 11.
- We encourage you to bike, walk, take the bus or carpool to the event. CARTA Route 32 - North Bridge provides access between North Charleston (with stops along Cosgrove Avenue) and West Ashley (with stops along Sam Rittenberg, including one at Ashley Landing Shopping Center where Frothy Beard is located).