Bridge Adventure Ride
In Support of an Equitable Wappoo Cut Crossing, In Celebration of the Ashley River Bike/Ped Bridge
Join Charleston Moves for a critical mass bike ride over the Wappoo Cut Bridge and Ashley River Bridges, and stand up for safe access for all! This event serves as an important benchmark for celebrating progress on the new Ashley River Bike/Ped Bridge, while highlighting the need to address an equitable Wappoo Cut crossing. The route will focus on bike/ped destinations and pending improvements on either side of the bridges, and include a pitstop at the historic oak allee/riverfront of McLeod Plantation for a brief interpretation of the Wappoo Creek as a "gateway to the world" by CCPRC staff. Even if you don't want to ride, we ask that you stop by Taco Boy afterward (~1:20 pm) to demonstrate your support and participate in our action items. And if you can, please consider a donation to help us maintain steady momentum toward safe, equitable river crossings.
To ensure a safe and smooth event, please take note of the following items, and don't hesitate to reach out to Info@CharlestonMoves.org should you have questions. Following the ride, we'll convene outside Taco Boy for food, drinks and community. 10% of our crew's purchases will be donated back to Charleston Moves, so please stick around to enjoy sips and bites with us. We look forward to seeing you on May 15!
- The ride will begin and end at Taco Boy (217 Huger St, Charleston, SC 29403). It will take roughly two hours to complete. We will have a police escort.
- We will start promptly at 11:30 am, so you must arrive no later than 11 am to check in.
- Completing our waiver is a requirement to participate in the ride. Please fill it out in advance HERE.
- For the safety of all, children under 12 must ride attached to a guardian, not on their own bike — consider a trailer or tandem bicycle. Otherwise, we hope you will join us after the ride; we should be back to Taco Boy around 1:20 pm.
- Want to ride but don't have a bike? No problem! We're partnering with Lime bike share to loan free e-bikes for this event. Email Info@CharlestonMoves.org to reserve yours BY May 9.
- We encourage you to bike, walk, take the bus or carpool to the event.